Home » Strategic Management Of Debt Can Either Ruin Your Or Make You Rich

Strategic Management Of Debt Can Either Ruin Your Or Make You Rich

It is all about diligence and the strategic plan of your managing debt which can either make or break your financial health. All debts are not wrong especially when you keep them within manageable limits. Considering the current situation of the economy which is largely dependent on deficit financing, debt can create wealth for you as well if you know how to use it. The most important thing to manage debt properly is to build your financial health and keep it steady at all times. For this you will have to assess and believe in the danger that debt has and find effective means to control your household finance.

Good And Bad Debt

Debts can be good as well as bad. In simple terms, when you take on a debt to buy something which will appreciate in value in the future should be considered as good debt. For example, borrowing money to buy a house is a good debt as it will never depreciate in value and can also generate income depending on how you use it. it will create a financial discipline and also give you the mental strength that you can always fall back on your house in extreme cases when you require lots of money immediately. On the other hand, buying a car on loan is a bad debt as it will depreciate in value.

Signs When Debt Is Unmanageable

When debt becomes unmanageable it shows significant and characteristic signals to you which you should understand and take immediate remedial measures. The most significant sign is when you have to think a lot in arranging the money for the repayment of the debt every month. Apart from that when you see that the money for repayment is more than the cash flow you should consider to be in troubled waters. Moreover when the value of the asset falls below the loan amount and when you see that every month some amount is left unpaid, you are in a debt trap.

Consider Your Means

You must consider your means for proper debt management. It is the financial ability of paying in you that will matter more rather than the ability to borrow. Therefore, you should know all your resources through which you can arrange money for repaying your debt so that chances for credit card consolidation are minimized. You must follow the general rule of thumb while budgeting to know the exact situation of your finance. According to the rule you must have 40% for housing, and the remaining 60% should be divided equally between living expenses and saving. This will ensure that you will have a strong financial strength even if you have debts.

Cutting Cost Is Essential

You will find when you budget properly that thereare a lot of expenses made monthly which you can surely do without. Most of such expenses are of big amounts as well. When you curtail such expenses you can save a lot of money which you can either save for the future or use it for immediate repayment of loans to restore your financial stability once again.

Featured Image

Related posts

7 Helpful Tips For First-Time DIY-ers


3 Perfect City Breaks In Vienna


How is the Wedding Industry Adapting to New Demands?


Leave a Comment