The world today is about how quickly you can get what you want. We talk about something from mode to food; everything can be delivered to our doorstep with an online order placed on the e-commerce website. The most popular website for fulfilling your requirements without leaving the country is Flipkart, Amazon, Snapdeal, Alibaba, Big Basket, Myntra, etc. The web pages have changed shopping experiences with many new ideas such as one-day delivery, return trials, delivery cash, quick reimbursement, etc. There are good discounts for items that people now choose to shop online to save time and money.
Businesses with private limited company registration in India, Sole Proprietorship Firm, a partnership firm, LLPs can register on the Flipkart website as sellers.
Today, Flipkart is one of India’s leading e-commerce sites. This platform gives entrepreneurs great opportunities to sell their goods throughout India. Those who sell their products via Flipkart are called Flipkart Sellers.
You will learn the basic requirements to register as a Flipkart seller through this post.
The Flipkart seller, first and foremost, involves registering as a seller on the login page of Flipkart. Create a seller home page account on Flipkart’s website-https: /seller.flipkart.com. Registration is speedy, and minimal action is required. A seller is entitled to add information on the items it sells on this website. Some of the fundamental details needed to complete Flipkart seller registration are as follows:
- Seller’s Name
- Contact Information: Phone number, business address, and email.
- Product classification under the category which the seller is looking to sell through Flipkart
- Documents of tax registration – GST registration, etc.
- Business registration documents – Certificate of Incorporation, Memorandum of Association, etc.
Let’s go through all the document requirements the Flipkart seller portal for each business entity:
1. Sole Proprietorship
Online markets are usually straightforward for people who don’t want their shops to operate but want to sell their products. Websites like Flipkart provide you with convenience to list and sell your goods online across the country. Most people sign on to the portals. The person who decides to register under a brand name will be named the sole owner immediately. This business model does not provide the owner with any insurance and cannot increase its size due to unrestricted liability and limitation of access to bank loans and enterprise subsidies. If you want to register as an exclusive owner, here is a list of essential documents and information:
- Identity Proof
- A signed statement on the company’s letterhead declares the person who owns and controls the bank account held in the company’s name.
- Sole Proprietor’s Passport
- Sole Proprietor’s PAN Card
- Voters ID/ Driving License
- Any other Government ID card bearing the seller’s photo
- Proof of address
- Telephone bill in the proprietor’s name
- Bank Account Statement belonging to a proprietor/canceled cheque
- Electricity bill
- License or Lease agreement
2. Private Limited Company
Registration on Flipkart as a Private Limited Company has many advantages. This entity form is the most appropriate type of corporation. The company registration in India enable you to leverage features like limited liability providing protection to its promoters and shareholders, easy transferability, easy access to loans, separate legal entity, perpetual succession and risk-taking ability to expand business, etc. By registering Private Limited Company to sell / trade products on online platforms like Flipkart , Amazon, PayTM, it turns out to be a very progressive move. Here’s a list of essential documents to submit:
- ID Proof
- Registration documents / Incorporation certificate of the Private Ltd. company
- Copy of MOA (Memorandum of Association)
- Company’s PAN Card
- Proof of Address
- Telephone bill bearing the company’s name
- Electricity bill bearing the company’s name
- Rental or Lease agreement
- Canceled Cheque of the current account
- GSTIN (for all states where the business is keeping its warehouse and supply of goods)
3. Partnership Firm or LLP
As a partnership firm, a seller may start selling the goods on Flipkart. As a limited liability company (LLP), registration on Flipkart offers limited liability, a separate legal entity, simple transferability, and records to be used by a partnership or LLP for selling Flipkart.
- Proof of Identity
- LLP Incorporation Certificate or Partnership Registration
- A power of attorney is authorized adequately on behalf of a designated partner or employee with a limited partnership or LLP.
- Partnership deed
- PAN Card of Partnership Firm or LLP
- Documents identifying involved entities as Partners
- Address Proof
- Official document ratifying the partners’ address
- Partner’ s/LLP’s Electricity bill
- Partner’s/LLP’s Telephone bill
- Rental or Lease agreement
- Electricity bill in the name of Partners/LLP
Check out the other necessary registrations that are required to start selling online on Flipkart.
If the seller agrees to become a Flipkart seller and registers as a business entity for his / her planned business, the following tax registration and bank details are required:
- Business Name
- PAN (Permanent Account Number) – PAN Card of the Pvt Ltd Co., or an individual or partnership firm.
- GSTIN (Goods and Services Tax Identification Number) – Seller GSTIN if goods intended to sell on Flipkart comes under the purview of GST.
- TAN (Tax Deduction and Collection Account Number) – TAN is needed for TDS (Tax Deduction at Source)
- Bank account in the name of the business or an entity
- Bank account number of the entity or business
- Bank IFSC code for the bank as mentioned above account
Each seller should register their brand name on these websites to protect their brand recognition through trademark registration. It protects your brand from other sellers wishing to list their goods under your brand name. Until Flipkart is authorized, no other seller is allowed to list its goods under the registered brand name as yours.
Flipkart offers its vendors a facility to hold their goods at Flipkart storage facility (Fulfilment Centers). This facility reduces the pressure on the seller to find room for storing products, which ultimately lowers the extra investment needed to run the business.
If a seller wants to use Flipkart Fulfilment, the seller must add a place of business to its GSTIN. If the seller chooses another state warehouse installation, for the particular state address, he might require a separate GST registration.
Sellers on Flipkart Platform are given with additional facilities like shipping, advertising, etc. It eases their burden to make product distribution and marketing very easy.
Start Selling on Flipkart
You can begin selling your listed products on the portal once your account is registered as a Flipkart Seller following the necessary information, documents, and registration details.
It is of great importance that enforcement, return filing, TDS file and other tax legislation in the field of e-commerce be ensured upon registration as a seller on Flipkart. The central compliance aspect remains the GST return files. Flipkart sellers are provided with very reasonably low rates by experts at Legalwiz.in (Flipkart’s Legal Service Partners).